ON THIS WIKI
| Part of this topic falls beyond the scope of the Feed The Beast Wiki.|
The main article can be found at Minecraft Wiki: Spider.
|This article is a stub. You can help the wiki by expanding it.|
|Health||16 ( x 8)|
Spider Eye (0-1) 
A creature native to the Minecraft world. It will spawn in the Overworld when the light level is below 8. It is a neutral mob that only attacks the player when light level is below 8 or it has been attacked first. It jumps up to attack the player and does 2-3 attack damage depending on difficulty. Spiders will not burn when daylight hits them. When a spiders dies, it drops 1 or 2 pieces of String and has a 33% chance to drop a Spider Eye when killed by a player. Spiders can climb up walls.
A vanilla subtype of the spider is the smaller Cave Spider.
Various mods add different spiders to the game:
- Special Mobs adds a wide variety of different spiders
- Natura adds the Heatscar Spider
- Twilight Forest adds the Hedge Spider and the Swarm Spider
- Thaumcraft 4 adds the Mind Spider
- Looting enchantment will increase the chance to obtain the item, but not the amount dropped