ON THIS WIKI
|This article is a stub. You can help the wiki by expanding it.|
Redstone Flux, denoted RF, is a power system introduced by Thermal Expansion. It is nearly identical in its mechanics to Minecraft Joules and serves as a replacement for them in certain mods as of Minecraft 1.6 and 1.7, most notably Thermal Expansion, but also a few others, such as MineFactory Reloaded and BuildCraft.
RF is generated by all Thermal Expansion Dynamos, and can be stored in any tier of Energy Cell. All Thermal Expansion 3 machines require RF energy, and can no longer run on MJ like their counterparts from Thermal Expansion. RF can automatically be converted into MJ at a rate of 10 RF to 1 MJ by simply connecting any tier of Energy Conduit to any MJ-consuming machine from another mod, such as BuildCraft or Forestry.
You can also multiply MJ by 0.4 for obtain RF (for example : 1 000 000 J * 0.4 = 400 000 RF)
And divide by 0.4 for obtain MJ (400 000 / 0.4 = 1 000 000 J)
Other RF-compatible mods, machines and items include:
- Actually Additions, adds machines and generators
- AppleMilkTea2 machines can accept RF as well
- Applied Energistics ME Networks, which can be powered with RF; and AE tools, which can be charged in an Energetic Infuser.
- Big Reactors, which natively generate RF
- Draconic Evolution
- EnderIO has means to create, store, and use RF
- Extra Utilities' RF generators, Ender Quarry and Ender-Thermic Pump
- MineFactory Reloaded machines, which also accept RF besides EU and MJ
- Modular Powersuits items; these can be charged in an Energetic Infuser
- Mekanism machines, tools, and cables, which all accept and convert RF, and Mekanism itself, which can be set to display energy values in RF.
- Power Converters' BC Consumer and BC Producer
- Redstone Armory tools
- Redstone Arsenal also tools
- RFTools Various machines and tools based on RF (dimension builder, shield system, screen system, auto crafter, ...)
- RotaryCraft and ElectriCraft Machines to work RF and RotaryCraft Shaft-Power
- Tinkers' Construct tools with the RF modifier
- TrainCraft adds some RF generators. Electric trains use RF energy of taking it through electric tracks.
- Technomancy RF integration with Thaumcraft 4, Botania, and Blood Magic
- BuildCraft, Forestry and Railcraft Engines
- Flan's Mod engines Small Electric Engine, Large Electric Engine, and Lightning Engine run on RF, but the mod includes no method for generating RF
- Immersive Engineering uses the redstone flux API