ON THIS WIKI
|This article is a stub. You can help the wiki by expanding it.|
|Add-on Mods||CoFH Core|
|Modpacks|| Direwolf20 1.12 Pack|
Feed The Beast Builders Paradise
Feed The Beast Continuum
Feed The Beast Horizons III
Feed The Beast Interactions
Feed The Beast Pyramid Reborn
Feed The Beast Revelation
Feed The Beast Sky Adventures
Feed The Beast Sky Odyssey
Feed The Beast Stoneblock 2
Feed The Beast Ultimate Reloaded
Feed The Beast Unstable 1.12
Redstone Flux, denoted RF, is a power system introduced by Thermal Expansion. It is nearly identical in its mechanics to Minecraft Joules and serves as a replacement for them in certain mods as of Minecraft 1.6 and 1.7, most notably Thermal Expansion, but also a few others, such as MineFactory Reloaded and BuildCraft. Since 1.12.2, Redstone Flux is a separate API and can be used without Thermal Expansion.
RF is generated by all Thermal Expansion Dynamos, and can be stored in any tier of Energy Cell. All Thermal Expansion 3 machines require RF energy, and can no longer run on MJ like their counterparts from Thermal Expansion. RF can automatically be converted into MJ at a rate of 10 RF to 1 MJ by simply connecting any tier of Energy Conduit to any MJ-consuming machine from another mod, such as BuildCraft or Forestry.
You can also multiply MJ by 0.4 for obtain RF (for example : 1 000 000 J * 0.4 = 400 000 RF)
And divide by 0.4 for obtain MJ (400 000 / 0.4 = 1 000 000 J)
Other RF-compatible mods, machines and items include:
- Actually Additions, adds machines and generators
- AppleMilkTea2 machines can accept RF as well
- Applied Energistics ME Networks, which can be powered with RF; and AE tools, which can be charged in an Energetic Infuser.
- Big Reactors, which natively generate RF
- Draconic Evolution
- EnderIO has means to create, store, and use RF
- Extra Utilities' RF generators, Ender Quarry and Ender-Thermic Pump
- MineFactory Reloaded machines, which also accept RF besides EU and MJ
- Modular Powersuits items; these can be charged in an Energetic Infuser
- Mekanism machines, tools, and cables, which all accept and convert RF, and Mekanism itself, which can be set to display energy values in RF.
- Power Converters' BC Consumer and BC Producer
- Redstone Armory tools
- Redstone Arsenal also tools
- RFTools Various machines and tools based on RF (dimension builder, shield system, screen system, auto crafter, ...)
- RotaryCraft and ElectriCraft Machines to work RF and RotaryCraft Shaft-Power
- Tinkers' Construct tools with the RF modifier
- TrainCraft adds some RF generators. Electric trains use RF energy of taking it through electric tracks.
- Technomancy RF integration with Thaumcraft 4, Botania, and Blood Magic
- BuildCraft, Forestry and Railcraft Engines
- Flan's Mod engines Small Electric Engine, Large Electric Engine, and Lightning Engine run on RF, but the mod includes no method for generating RF
- Immersive Engineering uses the redstone flux API