ON THIS WIKI
Sawmill (Thermal Expansion)
|Source Mod||Thermal Expansion|
|Affected by Gravity||No|
Sawmills are used to saw logs. When used on Vanilla logs and many Mod logs, you get 4 Wood Planks per log and one Sawdust. When used on Rubber Logs, you get 4 Wooden Planks and some Sticky Resin instead of sawdust. They require RF power to run.
It is also possible to saw wooden objects down to their various components. For example, you can saw a jukebox down to 1 diamond and 8 planks.
Prior to the 1.5 version modpacks, the Sawmill would generate 6 wooden planks per log, but this was reduced to prevent exploits.
- The left side of the interface indicates power storage.
- The lower slot is used to transfer RF from a flux capacitor into the sawmill's power storage. It's unknown whether this will work with battery-like items from other mods i.e. BuildCraft's RE-battery.
- The center-left slot is for the input item for sawing. The saw image below it shows whether the saw is active or not.
- The center-right shows the sawing progress on the current item. This process is faster when more energy is provided to the sawmill.
- The right side shows output storage.
- The upper part is output planks. There are two slots, each capable of holding 64 planks.
- The lower part is secondary output: sawdust in the case of wood, sticky resin for rubber wood, diamond for a jukebox, redstone for a note block, books for a bookshelf.