ON THIS WIKI
Template talk:Navbox/Thermal Expansion
Does the glowstone illuminator need to be in a category by itself? Can't we merge it somewhere?05:09, 10 November 2013 (CET)
Thermal Expansion 3
I discussed with RZRO whether Thermal Expansion 3 deserves its own nav template. It was decided that Te3 is not different enough from Te2 to get its own template. As a result, please do not remove information from Te3 from the Nav template. If you disagree with this, feel free to discuss it on this talk page. Celestial Oblivion (talk) 21:47, 27 February 2014 (CET)
The only information that I received was that because thermal expansion version had such a difference that they were to be separated. I had assumed that this meant the navigation as well. The navigators are meant to be the least cluttered as possible for easy navigation. Also, version confusion comes into play when using the same navigator. Unless there is a thermal expansion 3 section of the navigator I believe they should be separated. --TehRawrz (talk) 21:43, 27 February 2014 (CET)
- As mentioned elsewhere I do not particular care whether we make a new template for Te3 or not, however I do believe that we should not remove Te3 content from this Nav Template until it has its own Nav Template. It is better to have a slightly confusing Nav Template for TE 2 and 3 than to have no template at all for TE3. I assume RZRO will present the case for merging them in one template, but this was our discussion on the matter.. Celestial Oblivion (talk) 22:00, 27 February 2014 (CET)
I did the TE3 navigator before I touched the TE2 one. That's why i didn't see it as a big deal. If this is how RZR0 wants it then it's fine I just see it as cluttered and confusing. Thank you for putting up with my noobishness :3 --TehRawrz (talk) 22:10, 27 February 2014 (CET)
- It probably is for the best to not make a new nav template... 22:20, 27 February 2014 (CET)
Why not? If you're looking for Thermal Expansion 3 items you aren't going to want TE2 items in there making it harder to find and the same the other way. People play on one version and don't care about the other versions at that time.--TehRawrz (talk) 22:27, 27 February 2014 (CET)
- Because having a few extra items in a navbox is not going to bother anyone. ƒelinoel ~ (Talk) 23:22, 27 February 2014 (CET)
It's 10 items currently and at least that many more need to be added to complete the items in TE3. That's not just a few items ;) I really dont like clutter and that's quite a bit of it.--TehRawrz (talk) 23:30, 27 February 2014 (CET) RZR0 has shown me to the gregtech navigator. I now have no arguments left for this issue XD --TehRawrz (talk) 15:59, 28 February 2014 (CET)
- I only called it a few because that was what I was told here... 20:06, 2 March 2014 (CET)
Thermal Expansion 4
With Thermal Expansion now available as an article and in use in FTB modpacks, what should happen with this navbox?
Thermal Expansion 4 has been split up into itself, Thermal Dynamics and Thermal Foundation. In addition, there have been a few additions and major changes to TE4 which I believe warrants a new family of navboxes (which should interlink each other) such as Template:Navbox/Thermal Expansion 4, Template:Navbox/Thermal Foundation, and Template:Navbox/Thermal Dynamics. My rationale for separate navboxes is that these are separate mods and some modpacks may, in future, leave out one or the other.
Alternatively to make it easier on readers and users of TE2 and TE3, Template:Navbox/Thermal Expansion 4 could act as an umbrella navbox for the three mods. Thoughts? -- VanDerProtofsky (talk) 16:27, 11 November 2014 (CET)
- I agree with the umbrella thoughts.
- We could have this TE4 navbox just host individual navboxes for the three mods so that when talking about TE4 all three mods are there but when talking about just stuff for each individual mod then we have a specifical navbox to use. Or we could just have all three mods have their own specific categories in one super navbox for all of TE4. 17:01, 11 November 2014 (CET)