ON THIS WIKI
|ID Name|| |
|Affected by Gravity||No|
The Laser is an item needed to power the Assembly Table and the Advanced Crafting Table. It needs to be powered by a source of MJ to function. For full speed it requires 4.2 MJ/t (40 RF/t DW 1.7.10). Therefore, one or multiple Combustion Engines are ideal, although it will also work with a Stirling Engine.
In order for the Laser to work, it must be in a range of 5 blocks (in any direction) of the Assembly Table or Advanced Crafting Table. The laser will still operate if there are block between it and the table. If there are multiple Tables in range, the Laser will alternate between them. You can tell if the Laser is working by the visible laser pointing to the Table it is working on.
Much like with engines, the Laser's color indicates its efficiency. From least to most efficient these are: Red, yellow, green, and blue.
Note that for the Laser to start working, an item must be marked for crafting in the Assembly Table. This can be done by left-clicking the desired product.
Feed The Beast Infinity Evolved Expert Mode
Precaution powering with EU
In FTB Ultimate, powering the laser directly from an electrical engine will cause the engine to overheat and the laser to only run intermittently at low power.
It is possible to run a laser at maximum efficiency from a single electrical engine by doing the following:
- Attach Laser->Golden Kinesis Pipe->Wooden Kinesis Pipe->Electrical Engine
- Install a Basic Circuit Board with Bronze Electron Tube into the Electrical Engine (to achieve 4MJ/t)
- Install Red Pipe Wire and Iron OR Gates into both the Golden & Wooden Kinesis Pipes
- Configure Golden Pipe's Gate to turn on pipe signal if 'Can Store Energy'
- Configure Wooden Pipe's Gate to turn on redstone if pipe wire is active