ON THIS WIKI
|Source Mod||Extra Bees|
|Affected by Gravity||No|
|Required Tool||Any tool|
The Mutator is an Alveary addition that can increase the chance of creating a mutation in the genetic code of one or more Bees. To work, it must be part of the Alveary structure. Having multiple mutators in one Alveary does make the effect stack.
Depending on the item provided, the Mutator has a varying increase to the success rate of a mutation. Each Mutator can hold up to one stack of a single item. The Mutator will consume one item placed in it each time a Queen dies, regardless of actually being able to create mutations or not.
- Soul Sand - success rate 1.5 times higher.
- Ender Pearl - success rate 2 times higher.
- Eye of Ender - success rate 4 times higher.
- Uranium Ore - success rate is 10 times higher. (Neither Refined Uranium nor Uranium Dust work.)
- Nether Star - success rate is 50 times higher. (Cannot fail, always >100% success.)
As the smallest mutation chance is currently 2%, a Nether Star will always result in a successful mutation for all bees, if one is possible.
Note that in the latest versions of Extra Bees (1.7+ ?) the mutated bees' genome may take damage if the mutation multiplier is higher than 10x. This includes the effect of Soul Frames in Frame Housings. Damaged princesses or drones will show a "[-]" symbol in the species trait and eventually die after a limited amount of life cycles.