ON THIS WIKI
Weapons (Tinkers' Construct)
Weapons refers to a collection of armament added by the Tinkers' Construct mod. Assembled from specific parts made from wide array of Materials, each imparting special properties to the weapon or tool such as speed, durability and strength. Some are similar in function to the Vanilla Minecraft weapons, yet with inherent distinctions. A weapon does not disappear when it breaks, instead it can be fixed with less materials than it would take to build a new one. It can be enchanted simply by adding special materials to it once crafted.
- Broadsword • Assembled from a Sword Blade, Wide Guard and Tool Rod.
- Longsword • Assembled from a Sword Blade, Hand Guard and Tool Rod.
- Rapier • Assembled from a Sword Blade, Crossbar and Tool Rod. Ignores armor.
- Dagger • Assembled from a Knife blade, Crossbar and Tool Rod. Throwable.
- Shortbow • Assembled from 2 Tool Rods and a Bowstring.
- Arrows • Arrows are assembled from an Arrow Head, Tool Rod, and Fletching. Arrow amount depends on materials. Can be used as melee weapons. [WARNING!: Some mobs can pick shot arrows from ground and use them as weapons, use with caution!]
- Battlesign • Assembled from a Board and a Tool Rod. Reflects damage.
- Frying Pan • Assembled from a Pan and a Tool Rod. Reflects damage. Can cook any food if shift and right-clicked on the ground.
- Cutlass • Assembled from a Sword Blade, Full Guard and Tool Rod. Grants speed boost on a successful block. The Full Guard pattern is only found in a village.
- Hammer • Assembled from an Hammer Head, 2 Large Plates, and Tough Tool Rod. Deals extra damage to the Undead mobs .
- Scythe • Assembled from a Scythe Head, Tough Binding, and 2 Tough Tool Rods. Reaps a 3x3 section of crops and attacks enemies in that area.
- Cleaver • Assembled from a Large blade, Large Plate, and 2 Tough Tool Rods. Beheads enemies.
- Battleaxe • Assembled from 2 Broad Axe Heads, a Tough Binding, and a Tough Tool Rod. Pushes back enemies.
When assembling a weapon, the following formulas can be used to calculate the total durability:
- Broadsword, Longsword, Dagger, Rapier
The attack damage modifier of a weapon's blade is added to the modifier of the weapon. So for example, a Wooden Blade has 0 damage modifier, so a Dagger with a Wooden Blade would deal .5 damage; a broadsword with a Manyullyn blade would deal 4 damage. Damage can be further improved through modifiers.
A Weapon damage modifier sortable list:
The choice of materials used in Weapon construction will vary greatly based on the intended use. Each player will experiment to find the right combination to suit the purpose at hand. Here are a few examples:
- Durability :
- Damage :
- Blade: Manyullyn • Crossbar, Guard: Paper • Handle: Manyullyn
- Balance of Customized & Durability:
Thaumcraft 4 compatibility
- Thaumcraft 4 adds Thaumium options for all weapon parts.
- Thaumium cannot be smelted in a Tinkers Construct Smeltery, so parts are made with ingots in the Part Builder the way other non-smeltable components like stone and wood are made.
- Thaumium stats are similar to iron with some enhancements. For weapons specifically it has significantly more durability at 400 (Iron is 250) and it adds the Thaumic trait: similar to the Paper's writable as it adds 1 modifier slot to the weapon, however if the weapon is made entirely of Thaumium parts it grants 2 modifiers, this would be useful for tools or weapons that only have 2 parts and would have Large reductions in durability if either part was paper.
- Weapons and tools with 3-4 parts which have a Manyullyn blade or head, paper guard binding or plate, Thaumium rod, and any fourth piece of Manyullyn can allow 2 extra modifiers.
- For more damage over durability, cactus can be used instead of the second Manyullyn in a 4 part weapon to add Jagged. Auto repair should not be used in this case because it regenerates the durability and reduces the damage increase as well as using modification slot that could be used for Quartz to increase damage.
Ars Magica 2 compatibility
- Normally, an Enchantment cannot be applied to Tinkers' Construct weapons, but the Soulbound enchantment from Ars Magica 2 is an exception, done by applying the enchantment to the item using an anvil.
- Undead mobs are Zombies, Zombie Pigmen, Skeletons, Wither Skeletons and the Wither Boss.
- Durability can also be improved with modifiers, such as Diamond, Emerald, and Reinforced
- Durability calculation example: Stone Blade (131), Stone Handle (x0.5), Any type of Crossbar or Guard. 131 \times0.5 = 65.5 ≈ 65
- 2 additional modifier slots from either advanced tool with an additional paper piece, gold block and diamond, diamond block and enchanted apple or nether star with 7 obsidian Plates would make it unbreakable
- A Cleaver with a Paper Blade and Manyullyn Plate and Quartz in the extra slot will do an extra .5 hearts of damage and it will need Paper to repair, although higher damage means lower durability.
- Paper adds an extra modifier slot that can be used to add a new modifier or add a second level of a modifier, for example: adding Nether Quartz for added damage to a weapon, or adding another level of Moss to increase the rate in which an item's durability regenerates.
- Actual material does not change the damage modifier, only the durability modifier with handle and material property (such as Jagged, from Cactus) on Crossbar and Handle.