ON THIS WIKI
Tools (Tinkers' Construct)
Tools refers to a collection of implements added by the Tinkers' Construct mod. Assembled from specific parts made from wide array of Materials, each imparting special properties to the Tool such as speed, durability and strength. Some are similar in function to the Vanilla Minecraft Tools, yet with inherent distinctions. A Tool does not disappear when it breaks, instead it can be fixed with less materials than it would take to build a new one. It can be enchanted simply by adding special materials to it once crafted.
- Tool Rod. • Assembled from a Pickaxe Head, Tool Binding and
- Tool Rod. • Assembled from a Shovel Head and
- Tool Rod. • Assembled from an Axe Head and
- • Assembled from an Axe Head, Shovel Head and Tool Rod. A combination of an Axe, Shovel and a Hoe.
- • Assembled from a Chisel Head and Tool Rod. Carves a stone brick into another decorative design.
- • Assembled from a Pan and Tool Rod. Can also be used as a cooking Tool.
- • Assembled from a Hammer Head, 2 Large plates, and Tough Tool Rod. Deals extra damage to the undead.
- • Assembled from a Scythe Head, Tough Binding, and 2 Tough Tool Rods. Reaps a 3x3 section of crops and attacks enemies within the area.
- • Assembled from a Broad Shovel Head, Large Plate, Tough Binding, and Tough Tool Rod. It can dig a 3x3 hole in one swoop.
- • Assembled from a Broad Axe Head, Large Plate, Tough Binding, and Tough Tool Rod. It can harvest the wood of an entire tree up to a height of 30 blocks.
The attack damage modifier of a tool's blade is added to the modifier of the tool. So for example, a Wooden Blade has 0 damage modifier, so a Scythe with a Wooden Blade would cut with 1.5 damage; a Excavator with a Manyullyn blade would dig with 4 damage. Damage can be further improved through modifiers.
A Tool damage modifier sortable list:
When constructing Tools, each one has different formulas for calculating the total durability and speed.
- Pickaxe, Shovel: 
- Excavator, Lumber Axe:
The Stonebound trait increases mining speed (and simultaneously decreases attack damage) while the tool wears out. This bonus is added to the base mining speed and increases with the absolute amount of damage the tool has taken, meaning tools with higher durability (and identical stonebound modifier) can yield higher stonebound bonuses. The charge of charged tools (Flux modifier) is irrelevant to the stonebound calculation, only the difference between maximum and current durability is inspected. The exact formulas are as follows:
- Area of effect tools (Hammer, Excavator, Lumber Axe):
- Precision tools (Pickaxe, Shovel, ...):
- is the natural logarithm.
- is the Stonebound modifier of a tool. It is calculated as the average of the Stonebound modifiers of the parts.
- E.g. for a Pickaxe with Stone Head, wooden Binding and wooden Rod, the stonebound modifier would be:
The choice of materials used in a Tool's construction will vary greatly based on the intended use. Each player will experiment to find the right combination to suit the purpose at hand. Here are a few examples:
- Durability 
- Mining Speed
- Mining Level
- Pickaxe Head: Manyullyn • Tool Binding: Any • Handle: Any
- Terminology: • • •
- Example: Stone Head (131), Stone Handle (x0.5), Any type of Binding. 131 × 0.5 = 65.5 ≈ 65
- To make it unbreakable use 2 additional modifier slots with an additional paper piece, gold block/ diamond, diamond block/ enchanted apple or nether star with 7 obsidian plates.