ON THIS WIKI
|Forum||MC Forum thread|
|Modpacks||Feed The Beast Horizons: Daybreaker|
The EssentialCraft III mod is about magic and technology, with a significant amount of content, including an energy system called MRU; several tiers of weapon and armor; machines to automate farming, crafting, mining and breeding; and even a Tesla Coil to zap enemies. It also adds a dimension, Hoanna, that has a boss and a lot of loot.
- MRU is the mod's energy system, which emanates radiation.
- UBMRU a form of personal MRU gained by killing monsters, which is lost upon death. It can be extracted using a Matrix Destructor or any of the various Baubles that are found as loot. A steady supply of UBMRU is crucial to the Player's well being and a lack of it may cause hidden status effects that must be cleansed through a Soul Pentacle, which is a mid-late game structure. A Soul Stone is used to monitor the amount of UBMRU acumulated.
- MRUCU aka that annoying sound, is an accumulation of MRU concentrated enough to affect the physical world. It is an invisible entity that becomes more important mid-game. It can't be destroyed, but can be moved using a MRUCU Moving Wand or a Teleposer.
- Radiation is created by some devices, such as the Radiating Chamber. It is a scaling poison effect; the longer the exposure to it the worse and longer the debuff (potion effect). The MHS Armor and certain Baubles can protect against it.
- Balance is a measured state of energy, which can be seen in machines that consume MRU. 100% balanced MRU has a measurement of 0.0. MRU with a measurement of 0.0 to 0.5 is called Frozen, 0.5 to 1.5 is called Magic, and 1.5 to 2.0 is called Chaos.
Quick Start Guide
Fist thing to do is craft the Research Book. This book contains useful information on the mod, meant to guide the Player in his journey of discovery.
Some of the first things needed:
- Mine Elemental Infused Ore to harvest Air Drops, Earth Drop, Fire Drop, Water Drop and Elemental Gem used in crafting.
- Craft a Soul Stone by throwing an emerald into a block of emerald. Right-click to bind it, allows to view the UBMRU accumulated.
- Find Baubles in loot chests. Many of these are very useful, but be careful not to run out of UBMRU while using them.
- Upgrade the Research Book.
- Craft a Matrix Destructor. This will turn UBMRU into MRU to power the first machines built.
- Craft a Radiating Chamber, used for crafting .
- To create an MRUCU in a chosen location throw a Diamond on a Block of Emerald. Allow ample room to build a containment chamber around this later.
- Make a Magician Table to craft more parts with.
Now that the basic crafting equipment has been acquired:
- Make a Heat Generator or Natural Furnace to replace the Matrix Destructor.
- Make MHS Armor to protect against the radiation from the Radiating Chamber.
- Make a MRUCUEC to both protect from the effects of accumulated MRUCU and to act as an MRU battery.
- Upgrade the Research Book.
At this point the Player has gain access to interesting and useful tools, some that are more powerful forms of MRU generation. The process of unlocking the Hoanna dimension begins. Read the Research Book and discover what can be done.
- Using this will create a MRUCU if there's not one nearby (16 blocks?) and it will emit radiation, which will give the player the MRU Corruption potion effect.