ON THIS WIKI
Ember Forge (EssentialCraft III Structure)
Ember Forge is a multiblock structure added by EssentialCraft III. It is used to create MRU-powered swords with various buffs.
The Ember Forge uses no energy to work. However, it only works in Nether, at night or in closed areas without sunlight access. Each operation of this machine takes up 500 ticks, or 25 seconds.
In order to work, one must drop any combination of four Foci - Earthen Focus, Fiery Focus, Watery Focus or Windy Focus - on the Magic Platings of the structure and any combination of four Embers - Acidic Ember, Burning Ember, Chaotic Ember, Corrupted Ember, Crystal Ember, Divine Ember, Magical Ember or Smouldering Ember - on the Pale Platings and then wait. The resulting Sword always stores 5000 MRU and its other properties depend on the parts used.
If there is a focus type that is used more than each other focus type, that type is called Primary Attribute. If there is no such type (e.g, each focus is used exactly once) the Primary Attribute is set to Combined. The sword base damage and several properties are dependant on that type:
- Earthen Focus-based sword deals 9 () base damage. Whenever a player attacks with that sword, the target gets Blindness and Mining Fatigue potion effects for 40 ticks (2 seconds). That costs 50 MRU from the sword.
- Fiery Focus-based sword deals 8 () base damage. Whenever a player attacks with that sword, the target is set to fire for 100 ticks (5 seconds). That costs 50 MRU from the sword.
- Watery Focus-based sword deals 4 () base damage. Whenever a player attacks with that sword, the target gets Slowness and Weakness potion effects for 40 ticks (2 seconds). That costs 50 MRU from the sword.
- Windy Focus-based sword deals 9 () base damage. Whenever a player attacks with that sword, they get Speed and Strength potion effects for 50 ticks (2.5 seconds). That costs 50 MRU from the sword.
- Combined sword deals 6 () base damage. These swords don't have any special properties.
A focus type from the used ones is chosen at random. It is called Secondary Attribute. The sword Right-Click action is dependant on that type:
- Swords with Earthen Focus chosen grant the wielder Resistance potion effect for 40 ticks (2 seconds). That costs 50 MRU from the sword.
- Swords with Fiery Focus chosen grant the wielder Fire Resistance potion effect for 50 ticks (2.5 seconds) and then set all other entities in 5x5x5 area around the player on fire for 40 ticks (2 seconds). That costs 50 MRU from the sword.
- Swords with Watery Focus chosen grant the wielder Regeneration potion effect for 40 ticks (2 seconds). That costs 50 MRU from the sword.
- Swords with Windy Focus chosen grant the wielder Speed and Strength potion effects for 30 ticks (1.5 seconds). That costs 50 MRU from the sword.
Each Ember on its own doesn't do anything, however, certain pairs of Embers upgrade the sword when used at the same time. This allows for up to 6 sword upgrades. This also means that each Ember type should be only used once. The table below shows these interactions.
|Acidic||None||Damage +8||Damage +4||Slowness for 3 seconds||Damage +6||Poison for 3 seconds||Poison II for 3 seconds||Damage +2|
|Burning||Damage +8||None||Damage +4||Damage +5||Speed II for 3 seconds||None||Damage +6||Damage +11|
|Chaotic||Damage +4||Damage +4||None||Slowness II for 3 seconds||Damage +5||Lightning||Damage +6||Damage +7 and Damage Self|
|Corrupted||Slowness for 3 seconds||Damage +5||Slowness II for 3 seconds||None||Lifesteal 1||Damage Self and Hunger II for 3 seconds||Lifesteal 3||Weakness for 3 seconds|
|Crystal||Damage +6||Speed II for 3 seconds||Damage +5||Lifesteal 1||None||Damage +9||Damage +7||Damage +3|
|Divine||Poison for 3 seconds||None||Lightning||Damage Self and Hunger II for 3 seconds||Damage +9||None||None||Strength for 3 seconds|
|Magical||Poison II for 3 seconds||Damage +6||Damage +6||Lifesteal 3||Damage +7||None||None||Speed for 3 seconds|
|Smouldering||Damage +2||Damage +11||Damage +7 and Damage Self||Weakness for 3 seconds||Damage +3||Strength for 3 seconds||Speed for 3 seconds||None|
- Damage +X - obviously, increases Sword damage.
- Potion Effects - negative (e.g, Weakness) are set to target, positive (e.g, Strength) are set to the player
- Lightning - gives the player Fire Resistance II for 3 seconds, then creates a Lightning bolt pointing to the target
- Damage Self - whenever a player attacks with this weapon, they lose 2 ()
- Lifesteal X - whenever a player attacks with this weapon, they gain X HP
- The Forge seems to not recognize Ember and Focus types if only 1 of them are dropped on the platings.