ON THIS WIKI
|Source Mod||Automagy 1|
|ID Name|| |
|Affected by Gravity||No|
Vis Reader is a block added by the Automagy 1 mod. It is an advanced scanner which scanns the Vis contents of a certain inventory (above the machine or the one Remote Comparator is linked to if the comparator is above the machine). The Aspects the machine will search for can be configured by placing attuned Jar Labels in the GUI of the machine. For each of the 4 aspects supported the machine can have a different options.
List of Options
- Inverse Mode: A full-strength signal is sent when empty and no signal when full, with states in-between adjusted accordingly.
- Total Mode: The count of all aspects are totalled together to compare against the capacity.
- Any (High) Mode: The highest count of any one aspect is used for the value that will be compared against the capacity.
- Any (Low) Mode: As Any (High) mode but the lowest count of any one aspect is used.
- Capacity: The value that will be considered "full" for signal strength calculations. If set to Auto, the vis reader will automatically determine the capacity based on the object it is viewing (if possible).
- Aspect Count Mode: This mode differs from the others. Rather than testing how "full" of vis the target is, a signal is output based on the number of aspects present (even those with a value of zero). A strength of more than 15 can be output unless in Invert mode, but redcrystal is required to read such a signal. The Capacity setting and jar labels are ignored.
Work with Aura Nodes
When the read object is a node, Capacity is set to Auto, and one of the Any modes is selected, then the capacity will be the detected maximum of a single specific aspect rather than all aspects' maximums combined. The specific aspect chosen for comparison is that which is most or least filled compared to its own capacity rather than whichever aspect simply has the highest or lowest count at the moment.
So if the mode is Any (High), then an aspect that is 50% full, at 5 out of 10 vis, will be preferred over one that is 25% full, at 10 out of 40, even though the latter has more vis.
Work with Essentia Locus
With the aid of the Essentia Locus, a vis reader can react to the combined essentia totals of many jars at once.
The vis reader treats the locus similarly to how it treats an aura node. It calculates a given type of essentia's maximum value based on the capacity of the jars that either currently contain that aspect or are labeled for it.
Thaumcraft 4 Research Notes
A watched crucible never boils
Research aspects in this block
"Measuring the empty space inside a container is one thing, but determining the type and amount of vis is another story. And the protaganist of this story? That'd be the vis reader.
The vis reader outputs a redstone signal based on the vis contents of anything from warded jars to crucibles to aura nodes themselves. It could even read wands' vis if they were held on a suitable device.
There are two ways this can work. The simplest method is placing the vis reader directly beneath the object to be read. Otherwise, place a remote comparator above the reader and link its crystalline eye to the
target location. The comparator will cease its normal functions, instead relaying vis information to the reader to act upon.
Right-click the vis reader with your wand to configure it."
Vis Reader has no known uses in crafting.