ON THIS WIKI
|Source Mod||Forbidden Magic|
|ID Name|| |
|First Appearance||MC 1.7.10|
|Special||Recharges 250 Vis|
Profane Rod is a rod only obtainable via Villager trading system and is added to the trades of ThaumCraft villagers. The wand is crafted by using this wand rod with any wand caps. This rod has capacity of 50 vis of each type with a small drawback that all vis cost is 110%. However, these wands have a unique ability to restore all their vis without any requirements other than Warping the wielder more often. To unlock the research, the wand core itself has to be scanned by Thaumometer first.
Thaumcraft 4 Research Notes
[FM] Sign on the dotted line
"Strange villagers have been known to procure these wooden wands carved with blasphemous symbols. Profane Wands draw from a mediocre pool of vis, but they seem to be able to refill themselves very quickly from an unseen source.
The runes on the wand sometimes shift and bleed and the wand itself occasionally whispers of demonic contracts and vile deeds.
Prolonged use is not recommended.
Via villager trading system.
Can be capped by any wand caps from ThaumCraft and addons to form a wand.
The wand can regenerate up to 250 vis from the contract formed over its life.
Every second, for each primal vis
- Recovers vis from the contract (as long as there is still some vis left in the contract)
- Has a chance of (The amount of vis Recovered / 25.01) to add 1 point of sticky warp
If the contract has no remaining vis
- An explosion animation will play in the world
- The player will gain 1 point of stick warp.
- The profane wand will be replaced with a profane wand core.