ON THIS WIKI
Feed The Beast Wiki:Administrators
|This article is about wiki and forum administrators. You may be looking for server operators or administrators.|
Administrators (also called sysops) are users with certain privileges that normal users and contributors do not have for security reasons. Users are given administrator status after being nominated and voted for by staff in a closed vote.
Actions exclusive to administrators include:
- Viewing and restoring previously deleted pages, page histories, and uploaded files. (Special:Undelete)
- This only includes explicitly deleted pages, files and revisions - old edits that have simply been modified can still be viewed by anyone using the History link at the top of a page.
- Locking (protecting) pages so they cannot be modified by users without certain privileges.
- Performing mass deletions of many pages with a common user or pattern. (Special:Nuke)
- Blocking IP addresses or users from editing, both temporarialy or permanently. (Special:Block)
- Editing the interface by changing system messages and skins. (Special:AllMessages and MediaWiki:common.css)
- Moderating the forums in the same way as a forum moderator.
What administrators should not do
Administrators should not use their administrator powers to settle editing disputes in an unfair way; for example, by locking a page on a version they prefer in an editing dispute that isn't vandalism. Administrator powers should be used to help keep the wiki clear of vandalism, spam, and users who make malicious edits, but not for simple disagreements between users acting in good faith. Ideally an admin shouldn't be considered "in charge". The ideal admin is just someone who is trusted to have a few extra buttons and to use them for the benefit of the community.
List of administrators
This list is automatically updated and transcluded from Special:ListUsers/sysop.