ON THIS WIKI
|Source Mod||MFFS Calclavia|
The Interdiction Matrix's capabilities allow it to impose restrictions on players or entities present in the space around it.
For example, an Interdiction Matrix can be configured to automatically kill mobs or players that move into its area of effect, or prevent unauthorised players from tampering with other machines.
The space around an Interdiction Matrix is split up into two logical regions: Action and Warning. The action region radiates out from the Interdiction Matrix itself (in all directions) by the same number of blocks as there are Scale Modules installed. By default, the warning region continues from the edge of the action region (as a concentric sphere) by an additional 3 blocks.
When a player moves into the warning area of an Interdiction Matrix, it will send an alert message to say they have just entered its scanning range. If a player does not wish to experience first-hand which modules the Interdiction Matrix has installed, they should not proceed closer.
With no modules installed, an Interdiction Matrix doesn't really do anything. With modules installed, it can serve as a powerful defence system.
- Place the Interdiction Matrix and set its frequency to match a nearby Fortron Capacitor (so it can receive power).
- Right-click to open the GUI screen and install the desired number of Scale Modules into an empty slot of the top-right item matrix. Each Scale Module increases the action range of the Interdiction Matrix by 1 block in all directions.
- Select one or more modules to use with theInterdiction Matrix from the Modules section.
- Enable the Interdiction Matrix by applying a Redstone signal or by clicking the Redstone Torch button in the top-left corner of its GUI. Once activated, the Interdiction Matrix will light up and take effect.
These modules are available for use with the Interdiction Matrix:
- Anti-Friendly Module: Kills friendly entities (such as sheep, cows and villagers) that stray too close.
- Anti-Hostile Module: Stops hostile mobs dead in their tracks.
- Anti-Personnel Module: Terminates players.
- Anti-Spawn Module: Prevents entities from spawning.
- Block Access Module: Restricts access to block / machine GUI screens.
- Block Alter Module: Prohibits the placement or breaking of blocks.
- Confiscate Module: Removes items or blocks from players.
- Warn Module: Warns players that they are too close.
- Like other MFFS Calclavia machines, the Interdiction Matrix is indestructible and can only be broken by shift-right-clicking on it with a Wrench. Players cannot remove MFFS Calclavia machines if they do not have permission to do so. For example, if the machine is being protected by an Interdiction Matrix.