ON THIS WIKI
|This page contains content or features that are a Work In Progress.|
Although available in the game, this feature may have serious bugs, cause unintended problems and may be subject to change. Use at own risk.
|Forum||MC Forum thread|
|Root Mod||Minecraft Forge|
|Modpacks|| Crundee Craft|
Direwolf20 1.12 Pack
Direwolf20 1.6 Pack
Direwolf20 1.7 Pack
Feed The Beast Stoneblock 2
Test Pack Please Ignore
The Crack Pack 2
Yogscast Complete Pack
The Morph mod allows the Player to take the form (morph) of any mob or Player, obtained by slaying the target mob, hence acquiring the mob's abilities.
After the Player kills a mob for the first time, it's entity will be absorbed. To morph into that mob, use the left and right square brackets ([ ], default) to open and navigate the morph selection screen. Hold Shift to go between different types of the same mob. When the desired mob is selected, hit enter to begin the morph.
At the morph menu you can add to favorite, go to the mob you like and press ~, hold to open the favorite menu.
By default when morphed, the Player will gain any ability that mob possessed, good and bad. There are currently 14 different abilities. "Raw Name" references to the name that has to be used in the Morph configuration file.
iChun posted to reddit on Jan. 18, 2014 about the future of the mod. The post was divided into two sections: Morph Skill and Balancing.
- Having the mod installed will not mean you can morph.
- A meteorite will randomly crash near a non-afk Player, leaving a trail of destruction. There will be noticeable SFX so the Player does not miss it.
- Only one meteorite should fall in the overworld.
- There will be a config option to disable meteorite griefing and is enabled by default.
- May do block disruption instead of destruction.
- A special mob and entity will spawn with the meteorite. These will be required to Morph. They will be chunk-loaded.
- The entity provides basic morph skill.
- Killing a mob still unlocks its morph.
- Morphs are limited and can eventually run out.
- Can morph into items, but it is only a one-time use.
- Mob is a Boss named The Thing. It will avoid the Player until it is ready.
- Spawns when the meteorite explodes.
- Will hunt other mobs and acquire their morphs. The more mobs it kills, the harder it is to kill.
- When it gets stronger, it will attack the Player. If it kills the Player, it will obtain their warp and pick up his/her items. When its health is low, it flees by sprinting, flying, or any other means.
- Difficulty will be scaled by the number of people online.
- When killed, it drops an item to be used to upgrade the entity mentioned earlier. The entity is used to unlock morphs.
- If the item is destroyed, a new Thing is spawned.
- Abilities will need to be learned.
- They're learned by using the morph with the ability.
- Some abilities will be unlocked by default.
- Negative effects during some morphs.
- Higher chance of allergies as the Player acquires more morphs. (Maybe)
- The Player's body will eventually fight off the allergy and expel it. This creates an entity of the morph that caused it.
- With MC 1.7.10, when the Player is any height taller than 2, the position of the Player's hand is not updated right. The Player's hand appears to be where it should be, but when clicked it it will act like your cursor is much higher.