ON THIS WIKI
Chunk Loader (ChickenChunks)
|ID Name|| |
|Affected by Gravity||No|
The Chunk Loader is a block added by the ChickenChunks mod. It is used to keep a given area of Chunks constantly loaded into memory, allowing for the game's processes to go on, regardless if a Player is present or not. A Redstone signal will deactivate the Loader, shown by the orb coming to a rest. It is important to always verify the coverage of the area loaded, using the Show Lasers feature, as some machines may operate in unintended ways if not loaded properly.
Right-click the Chunk Loader to open the GUI , that allows access to the options and features:
- Radius, adjust the size using the − and + buttons.
- Show Lasers, displays an animated laser beam of the loaded area's boundary .
- Shape, Square. Circle or Line (X or Z axis).
The diameter of the area is calculated with the formula:
A radius of 3 would load a square of 25 chunks, a circle of 13 chunks and a line of 5 chunks.
Server Admins have several config options to limit or alter the behaviour of the Chunk Loader. Limit can be set to Players, to dimensions and/ or globally.
UsageChunk Loader (ChickenChunks) can be used to create the following items:
- Only the Owner of the Chunk Loader can open the GUI.
- With a large radius and depending on the rendering distance, the vertical lasers may not be visible from the Loader, yet the chunks will remain loaded.
The following items may also be of interest: