ON THIS WIKI
(diamond pick), 1228 (other pick)
A Mining Turtle is an upgraded Turtle with the capability of breaking and collecting blocks and ores. Mining a block is done instantly, and will only retrieve items or blocks if mining the block with the same pick would drop items or blocks normally, so any mining turtle can mine obsidian (instantly), but only a turtle with a diamond pick will retrieve a block of obsidian; a turtle with a Ruby pick will not (however both can still mine Logs and Dirt). The turtle still requires fuel to move, but mining a block (without moving) does not require fuel. The pickaxe does not have a durability - it can be used infinitely.
Since it mines every mineable block at the same speed, the mining turtle is also very useful for quickly mining obsidian, as long as you're familiar with the controls.
- The recipe is reversible, but not shapeless.
- Only the picks listed can be used (i.e. an iron pick does not work).
- The pick must have no damage.
- Enchantments on the pick will have no effect on the Mining Turtle's mining.
Crafty Mining Turtle
Wireless Mining Turtle
To run a program, right click on the turtle and type in the program or command name followed by any parameters it requires. Note that the chunk needs to be loaded for the turtle to work. If you go to far away from the turtle while it is running any program, the turtle will stop and you will need to restart the program. This can easily be fixed with a chunkloader.
Also note that a turtle will stop the program he is running when you shut down the game (in singleplayer) or when a server reboots in multiplayer. To prevent having to restart a certain program every time you start playing in singleplayer, do the following: Create a program called "startup' by typing "edit startup". The turtle will automatically run this program when he starts up. In the program you just created, type "shell.run" followed by the name of the program you want the turtle to run between " ". So if you want your melee turtle to start the program "grind" for example, you type shell.run "grind". The turtle will then automatically run that program when he starts up.
The following are pre-made programs available upon creation of a turtle. Note that these programs are case sensitive.
- excavate x tells the turtle to dig an x by x hole straight down, starting from the top leftmost corner. The turtle will return to where it started if it encounters a problem, hits bedrock, or all 16 of its inventory slots are full. Once back at the top, it will dump its inventory. If there is a chest adjacent to its starting position, it will drop its entire inventory. When it runs out of fuel it will stop moving and wait for more fuel.
- tunnel x tells the turtle to dig a 3 wide and 2 high tunnel for x amount of blocks in the direction it is pointing.
- dance tells the turtle to "dance".
The following are a list of methods that can be used in a mining turtle program. Please note that these methods are also case sensitive.
Breaks blocks in front, below, and above the turtle.
The full turtle API can be found here