ON THIS WIKI
(Redirected from Optifine)
|Latest Version||N/A; not installed by default in FTB|
|Modpacks|| DNS Techpack|
Direwolf20 Config Pack Season 2
Direwolf20 Config Pack Season 4
OptiFine is a Minecraft graphical optimization mod, intended to improve performance, reduce lag and increase FPS. It allows Minecraft to run faster and look better with full support for HD textures and many configuration options. HD textures, HD fonts, fonts that differ from the vanilla textures, and much more all are supported by OptiFine, which allows for much more granular control over graphical settings. The official OptiFine description is on the Minecraft Forums thread.
For a tutorial of how to install OptiFine into your FTB pack, see Tutorial:Adding Optifine.
Please note: OptiFine has compatibility issues with mods from the VoxelModPack. If you are using that mod pack or other mod packs that use those mods (e.g. the Ultimate Pack and MindCrack Pack use VoxelMap, VoxelMenu and others) then you may encounter compatibility issues, such as the debug profiler always displaying on the F3 menu. This may also cause lag as the two mods attempt to modify the same game settings concurrently in different ways.
- Increases FPS, decreases lag
- HD texture & font support without need for MCPatcher
- Support for custom colors, lighting, terrain and much more
- More granular control over render distance, with added Extreme option (Far render times two)
- Smooth lighting is a percentage value instead of Full, Minimal or Off
- VSync supoort, synchronizing framerate limit with monitor refresh rate for smoother gameplay
- Better OpenGL
- Control over fog and mipmapping
- Antialiasing and anisotropic filtering
- Support for Better Grass, Better Snow, Clear Water, Random Mobs, Connected Textures and Natural Textures by default
- Each option (e.g. tree leaf transparency, water animated, lava animated, portals animated, clear water, etc.) can be configured individually or can default to the master graphics setting (fast/fancy)
- Smooth FPS and Smooth Input to stabilize FPS spikes and fix stuck keys, respectively
- Control over which chunks are loaded to GPU
- Control over the resolution that Minecraft uses when in fullscreen mode (F11 key to enable by default)
- Allows for texture-pack switching without leaving the world/server
- Control over what appears by default on the debug screen (F3)
- Control the time in a creative singleplayer world (default with regular time cycle, day only or night only)
- Control the autosave interval
- Shader packs support added to OptiFine after version 1.8.8
A video tutorial for OptiFine installation.