ON THIS WIKI
|Affected by Gravity||No|
The Generator is the most basic EU generating machine in IndustrialCraft2. They can be used both to supply power to IndustrialCraft2 machines and to recharge IndustrialCraft2 tools and batteries. Generators operate by being fed fuel sources, much like a vanilla Furnace. Generators are also used in crafting more advanced EU sources.
- Are portable. Generators can be set up anywhere, quickly and simply.
- Are affordable. Generators are the cheapest form of EU producer to make as they are used to make all the others.
- Uses basic fuels like coal, charcoal and blaze rods.
- Requires fuel. Generators, like Furnaces, require a steady supply of combustible materials to function.
- Limited EU production. Generators can only store 4,000 EU, and can only deliver 10 EU/t to machines, so they charge fairly slowly.
After MC 1.6
Before MC 1.6
The Machine block may be replaced with:
With GregTech installed:
Any kind of fuel can be placed in the bottom slot of the Generator GUI, and it will be burned into EU. The Generator can store up to 4,000 EU in its internal battery, and deliver EU to connected Machines at a rate of 10 EU per tick (EU/t). Keep in mind, there are 20 ticks per second in Minecraft. Packet size is 10 EU (EU-P).
The following chart shows some examples of how much EU will be obtained from burning an item in the Generator.
|Fuel Type||Total EU||Time Spent in Generator|
|Fuel Can with 6 Coalfuel Cells||76440||6 Minutes 22.2 Seconds|
|Fuel Can with 6 Biofuel Cells||26040||2 Minutes 10.2 Seconds|
|Alumentum||16000||1 Minute 20 Seconds|
|Coal Coke||8000||40 Seconds|
|Scrap Box||7870||39.35 Seconds|
|Blaze Rod||6000||30 Seconds|
|Wood / Planks / Other Wood Items||750||3.75 Seconds|
|Saplings and Sticks||250||1.25 Seconds|
|Sugar Cane/Cactus||120||0.6 Seconds|
Used in Crafting
- Geothermal Generator
- Semifluid Generator
- Diesel Generator
- Water Mill
- Wind Mill
- Solar Panel
- Nuclear Reactor
- Generators use nearly exactly the same texture as the Iron Furnace, but with a blue tint like that of refined iron rather than regular iron.
The following video is a very simple, practical use of the block breakers in combination with recyclers and generators to create an unlimited EU source.