ON THIS WIKI
Twilight Forest Saplings
Twilight Forest Saplings refers to a category of blocks added by the Twilight Forest mod that serve as regular vanilla saplings do in that they grow trees. However, these trees are not contiguous with normal vanilla trees and are often much larger or serve strange and mystical purposes that are not yet implemented or known.
Currently, ten types of saplings exist that are added by the Twilight Forest mod. Four of these saplings are used to grow "magic" trees and cannot be obtained normally or sustainably farmed as the leaves that they generate do not drop their respective saplings. Two of the saplings serve to generate the same type of tree but in different sizes. The other four saplings are used to generate different types of trees that the Twilight Forest adds. All ten of the saplings share item ID 1516, with metadata values defining which type of sapling they are.
In addition, three of these saplings appear to not be able to be grown with Bone Meal or possibly not be grown at all. As such, these saplings should not be used until a future update either fixes this anomaly or confirms if it is a bug or not.
List of Saplings and Overview
- Canopy Tree Sapling: grows Canopy Trees, generates Canopy Tree Wood and Canopy Tree Leaves; generates several dozen to a hundred logs per tree and some Root blocks; affected by the anomaly that prevents growth via bonemeal;
- Darkwood Sapling: grows Darkwood Trees, generates Darkwood and Darkwood Leaves; generates one to two dozen logs per tree and some Root blocks; advisable to NOT be used in a tree farm as Darkwood Leaves are nearly impossible to harvest in any reasonable period of time, as well as taking up a lot of space; yield is disproportionate to work for this type of sapling
- Miner's Tree Sapling: a "magic" tree sapling, grows Miner's Trees which generate Minewood, Miner's Leaves and a Minewood Core; generates 19 logs and a core with every growth, growing in a "pickaxe" shape
- Rainbow Oak Sapling: grows Rainbow Oaks, generates Twilight Oak Wood and Rainbow Oak Leaves; generates as many logs as would be generated from a regular Oak tree; does not generate Root blocks
- Robust Twilight Oak Sapling: grows Twilight Oaks, generates several hundred Twilight Oak Wood and several hundred Twilight Oak Leaves; a humongous tree with trunk radius of 1 to 4 blocks and height of at least four dozen blocks with humongous amounts of Root blocks; a large chore to chop down
- Sickly Twilight Oak Sapling: grows Twilight Oaks of the same size as regular vanilla Oak trees, generating Twilight Oak Wood and Twilight Oak Leaves; does not generate Root blocks
- Sorting Tree Sapling: a "magic" tree sapling, grows Sorting Trees which generate Sortingwood, Sorting Leaves and a Sortingwood Engine; generates 3 Sortingwood, one Sortingwood Engine and 25 Sorting Leaves with each growth; does not generate Root blocks
- Tree of Time Sapling: a "magic" tree sapling, grows a Tree of Time which generates Timewood, Timewood Leaves and a Timewood Clock; has a trunk diameter of 3 blocks and some "roots" formed by Timewood; generates Root blocks beneath it
- Tree of Transformation Sapling: a "magic" tree sapling, grows a Tree of Transformation which generates Transwood, Leaves of Transformation and a Heart of Transformation; appears to be a shorter version of the Canopy Tree when grown; cannot be grown with Bone Meal, generates Root blocks
- Twilight Mangrove Sapling: grows Twilight Mangroves which generate Mangrove Wood and Mangrove Leaves; trunk sprouts off of three roots which stick into the ground, usually in pools of water, as this tree is usually found in Swamp or Fire Swamp biomes in the Twilight Forest; generates Root blocks and one to two dozen Mangrove Wood; cannot be grown with Bone Meal