GregTech is an add-on to IndustrialCraft2 which increases the IC2 techtree with 2 tiers. Many recipes of the lower tiers are re-balanced, like the GregTech recipes for
the Macerator, Mining Drill, Mass Fabricator as well as rebalancing some methods of power. This greatly increases the difficulty of gathering/creating more rare materials such as UU-Matter and Iridium. In order to reach the upper tiers, you will need a large amount of resources at your disposal and you will need to find The End to acquire its unique ores required for the upper tier.
GregTech also improves compatibility between IC2 and other mods, such as RedPower 2 and BuildCraft 3. GregTech adds several dozen more machines and multi-block structures.
| Click "Show" to show World Generation.
This subsection contains all machines that have "Advanced" in their name.
Same as above, but with "Automatic".
For each dust added by GregTech, there is also a small pile and tiny pile version. Four small piles in a 2x2 crafting grid will yield one standard dust for that particular compound, likewise nine tiny piles in a 3x3 crafting grid will yield one standard dust.
Each Nugget is equivalent to 1/9 of its corresponding ingot. If 9 Nuggets of the same type are acquired, they can be combined in a crafting grid in the same method as combining Gold Nuggets in vanilla Minecraft to acquire one Gold ingot.
Pure Chemical Element Cells
Chemical Compound Cells
Nuclear Reactor Components
GregTech overrides numerous recipes from IndustrialCraft2 and other mods. Notable overrides are listed below.
| Click "Show" to show Recipe Overrides.
- Macerators now require three Diamonds to craft.
- Solar Panels are much more difficult to make. Instead of requiring Glass, a Generator and some Coal Dust, they now require Silicon Plates, which must be made in an Industrial Blast Furnace.
- Iridium Plates must be made by compressing an Iridium Alloy Ingot in an Implosion Compressor.
- Mining Lasers require Titanium Ingots, a Ruby and a 60k Helium Coolant Cell.
- Nukes are much more difficult to make, requiring much more than a few Uranium and Gunpowder.
- Iridium Ore must be compressed into an Iridium Ingot before usage in making an Iridium Alloy Ingot.
- Nano Sabers now require Iridium Plates, Platinum Ingots, Energy Flow Circuits and a Lapotron Crystal.
- Mass Fabricators are disabled completely. UU-Matter must instead be made with the use of a Matter Fabricator, which requires two Highly Advanced Machineblocks, an Iridium Plate and other fairly valuable ingredients.
- Quarries require a Diamond Drill instead of a Diamond Pickaxe to make.
- Diamond Drills not only require three Diamonds but also two Titanium Ingots and an Advanced Circuit.
- Mixed Metal Ingots can only be made in a Rolling Machine.
- Crafting Bronze Ingots always results in an output amount which equals the amount of total input ingots divided by two. Brass Ingots can be used instead to preserve the 1:1 ratio. If RedPower 2 is not installed, this requires Zinc Ingots and an Alloy Smelter.
Due to the excessive bulk of including all GregTech resources here, a separate template has been created to list them. Click on the Resources header to be redirected to it.