ON THIS WIKI
(Redirected from Tinker's Construct)
|Add-on Mods|| ExtraTiC|
Iguana Tweaks for Tinkers' Construct
|Modpacks|| Agrarian Skies|
Bevo's Tech Pack
Blood N' Bones
Direwolf20 1.5 Pack
Direwolf20 1.6 Pack
Direwolf20 1.7 Pack
Feed The Beast 1.5.2 Beta Pack
Feed The Beast Horizons
Feed The Beast Monster
Feed The Beast Unleashed
Feed The Beast Unstable
Tinkers' Construct is a weapon and tool manufacturing mod. It introduces different ways of crafting harder, better, faster and stronger equipment. The mod adds patterns for tool and weapon parts that allow the player to create hundreds of combinations; each with their own strengths, weaknesses, and effects. After the tool or weapon is created, additional materials may be installed to boost the item's abilities, or to simulate vanilla enchantments.
It introduces a multi-block structure called the Smeltery, which is used to craft metal tools/parts and some decorative blocks, as well as providing a method of doubling ore output.
Tinkers' Construct also introduces a new inventory tab, called Armor Tab, which removes the 2x2 crafting grid and provides brand new equipment slots for various apparel, including one for Knapsack, which further expands available player inventory slots.
- 1 Starting off
- 2 Book 1 - Materials and You, by Skyla.
- 3 Book 2 - Materials and You, by Skyla. Volume II
- 4 Book 3 - Mighty Smelting, by Thruul M'gon.
- 5 Gameplay changes
- 6 References
- 7 External Links
- 8 Videos
When the player joins a new world, the character spawns with a book in their hand called "Materials and You, by Skyla." As the player progresses, other books pop into existence at certain milestones. These books can also be crafted in case they are lost.
Book 1 - Materials and You, by Skyla.
This volume contains initial instructions as well as 20 recipes (basic, advanced, books, Smeltery).
- Blank Pattern - This is the starting point of the mod. It is a material for the crafting tables, and can be written into one of 25 different patterns.
- Stencil Table - Creates patterns for tool and weapon parts.
- Part Builder - Creates the tool and weapon parts. The pattern is not consumed. Metal parts cannot be made in this table.
- Tool Station - Combines tool or weapon parts and also adds modifiers to them.
- Pattern Chest - Holds patterns. If the chest is near to the Part Builder, the patterns inside the chest will be shown in the Part Builder.
- Tool Forge - Upgraded Tool Station, enables more type of tools and weapons to be built.
- Materials and You, by Skyla. Volume I, Tan - One paper and one Blank Pattern must be beside each other in one row of the crafting GUI. The recipe is not shapeless, but the materials may be in any order.
- Materials and You, by Skyla. Volume II, Red - Simply put Volume I in the crafting grid to create Volume II. The player gets a free copy of Volume II after creating a Stencil Table.
- Mighty Smelting, by Thruul M'gon. Black - Simply put Volume II in the crafting grid to create Mighty Smelting. The player gets a free copy after crafting one block of the Smeltery.
- Diary of a Tinkerer, -Crafted by putting Mighty Smelting in a crafting bench.
- Main article: Smeltery
- Grout - Used in a furnace to make Seared Brick.
- Seared Brick - Like Vanilla clay bricks, four of these can be crafted to make a Seared Bricks block, or used in other recipes to make the blocks required for a Smeltery.
The remainder of the recipes are parts of the smeltery crafted from these Seared Bricks. For more information on these recipes, as well as how to construct the smeltery, see the main article.
Book 2 - Materials and You, by Skyla. Volume II
Book 3 - Mighty Smelting, by Thruul M'gon.
Contains instructions on building the Smeltery. The eleven Smeltery recipes are repeated, and the last pages show three molten metal recipes.
- Brownstone - Mix molten tin with gravel.
- Clear Glass - Molten glass.
- Seared Stone - Molten stone.
The following recipes assume ingots; remember that using ores will double your input/output.
- Aluminum Brass - Three Aluminum and one Copper. Yields two ingots of Molten Aluminum Brass. Used primarily for making casts.
- Bronze - Three Copper and one Tin. Yields three ingots of Molten Bronze. A lower-tier material.
- Alumite - Five Aluminum, two Iron, and two Obsidian Ingots (or one Obsidian block). Yields 3 ingots of Alumite. A higher-tier material useful for mining Cobalt and Ardite.
- Manyullyn - One Cobalt and one Ardite. Yields two ingots of Molten Manyullyn. An endgame-tier material.
- Steel - One Iron and one Manganese . Yields one ingot of molten steel.
A somewhat hidden feature bundled of this mod is hunger preservation when a player dies. In a normal game, once the player dies, the hunger resets and player starts with full hunger bar. But with this mod, upon player's death, the hunger bar remains the same as moments before death.
This can be toggled in the TinkersWorkshop.cfg file under the following line;
B:"Keep hunger on death"=true/false