ON THIS WIKI
|Source Mod||Equivalent Exchange 3|
The Minium Stone is a tool that allows you to transmute items and blocks into other equivalent items. Every time you transmute an item in a crafting grid, the stone takes some damage. The stone has 1521 uses. You can also press the C key to open up a 3x3 crafting grid.
- A Diamond can essentially be transmuted out of four stacks of wooden logs (logs to obsidian, to iron, to gold, to diamond) or 8 ender pearls (pearls to iron, to gold, to diamond) or 8196 dirts (dirt to gravel, to clay, crafted into clay blocks, clay blocks to iron, to gold, to diamond) or 8196 cobblestones (cobblestone to flint, to clay, crafted into clay blocks, clay blocks to iron, to gold, to diamond). The last two will require 2725 uses, which is practical only with a Crafting Turtle.
- Prior to the 1.5 version modpacks, the Sawmill generated 6 wooden planks per log, but this was reduced to 4 to prevent exploits. One could take advantage of the 4 wooden planks to 1 wooden log transmutation when used in conjunction with Thermal Expansion's Sawmill, or GregTech's Industrial Sawmill. The sawmill retrieved 6 wooden planks out of 1 log, and transmuting 4 planks into another log and repeating the process could provide "Infinite" resources until the Minium Stone run out of durability.
- The same as listed above could also be done to Blaze Powder/Blaze Rods and Bones/Bonemeal in conjunction with IndustrialCraft's Macerator or Thermal Expansion's Pulverizer. These do not work from version 1.5.2, because these recipes have been removed.
- The same as listed above can also be done to Sand/Sandstone in conjunction with a Compressor, which still works in version 1.5.2.
- Pressing C while holding will bring up a full 3x3 crafting option
Note: Two Logs into Obsidian works in the FTB Ultimate Pack, however will not show the result. To gain the obsidian, click on the result area as normal.
Works only in old version:
These transmutations involve a single block transmuting into another single block. They may either be performed on a crafting table with a Minium stone, or directly on a placed block. Doing a direct transmutation will still damage the Minium Stone.
To perform a direct transmutation, place the Minium Stone in your hand and point your crosshair at the block you wish to change. The block will flash/glow white, and in the lower-right corner of the screen you will see a red orb indicator with the next block type inside (or empty if a transmutation is not possible). When you right click, a "poof" sound will play and a shroud particle affect will briefly display, and the block will change to that new type.
These transmutations involve a single item, transmuting into another item with the same base ID, such as dyes or wood.
Wooden items, and saplings transmute in this order.
Oak > Spruce > Birch > Jungle > Oak
Dyes and Wool may be transmuted in the following order.
Green > Purple > Cyan > Light Gray > Gray > Pink > Lime > Yellow > Light Blue > Magenta > Orange > Black > Red > Green
The Minium Stone can also be used to smelt anything that can be smelted in a furnace. Simply craft it with a piece of coal or charcoal and 7 of the item you wish to smelt to retrieve 7 of the resulting smelted item. This is slightly less efficient as smelting in a furnace produces 8 items per coal. For example: