ON THIS WIKI
Metallurgy 3 is a mod which adds a few dozen new metals to the game, including real-world ores, fantasy ores, strange nether ores, and other elements. It also adds machines for processing metals, plus armor, tools and weapons made from them.
The metals are divided by the authors into a few categories, all of which are installed by default in the New World Mod Pack.
The home page on the Minecraft Forum has a lot more information, including a detailed grid of which metals can break which ores.
Copper, Tin, Bronze, Hepatizon, Angmallen, Damascus Steel, Manganese, and Steel.
Zinc, Brass, Silver, Electrum, and Platinum.
Prometheum, Deep Iron, Infusolium, Black Steel, Oureclase, Aredrite, Astral Silver, Carmot, Mithril, Rubracium, Quicksilver, Haderoth, Orichalcum, Celenegil, Adamantine, Atlarus, and Tartarite.
Ignatius, Shadow Iron, Lemurite, Shadow Steel, Midasium, Vyroxeres, Ceruclase, Adluorite, Inolashite, Kalendrite, Amordrine, Vulcanite, and Sanguinite.
Eximite, Meutoite, and Desichalkos.
Phosphorite, Sulfur, Saltpeter, Magnesium, Potash, and Bitumen. "These ores drop straight items that are used to craft Fertilizer (Bonemeal replacement), Gunpowder, Tar (Stickyball replacement) and for some more powerful TnT."
Many of the metals from Metallurgy are able to be crafted into swords with unique properties which apply on hitting another entity. Some of these are beneficial to the wielder, while others are harmful to the victim. These effects have a 30% chance to apply with each hit.
|Black Steel||Blindness II|
|Haderoth||Haste, Ignite II|
|Shadow Steel||Weakness II|
Metallurgy 3 adds 6 new types of machines for you to craft.
- Crushers: This machine will slowly, but surely crush the ores into fine dust, and doubling the output of the ore.
- Metal Furnaces: This is your standard furnace, except the metal furnaces are faster and more fuel efficient.
- Precious Metal Chests: The metal chests are normal storage inventories, but the chests can hold a larger amount of items compared to their wooden counterparts.
- Mint: The mint is a special machine, that can hold a single metal bar, and when given a redstone puls, convert the bar in it's inventory to coins.
- Smelter (Metallurgy 3)s: Theese nether smelters work much like a furnace, except they use lava to smelt down items at a much faster pace than furnaces.
- Abstractors: This nifty machine can convert a metal ingot into raw experience, consuming fantasy dust in the process.
- Tartarite Enchanter: It's an upgraded version of the standard enchanter.