ON THIS WIKI
The following aspects can be added to various dartcraft tools and armor via the Force Infuser. An Upgrade Tome must be present inside the Force Infuser to apply any upgrades. Maximum level and reagents are listed in parentheses.
Note: XP gains listed are from the most current DartCraft figures, which are for 1.6. However, they are accurate for 1.5.2 up to tier 4. Later values may differ for older versions. If they are correct for 1.5, please remove this bit.
Further Note: 1.5.2 also had some items that granted extra XP for first use. DartCraft removed this as of 1.6 though.
Tier 2 (XP per single enchant: 15)
Luck (4 - Fortunes from Fortune Cookies)
- Force Pickaxe/Shovel/Axe: become Fortune, which is a vanilla enchant.
- Force Sword: become Looting, which is a vanilla enchant.
- Force Bow: become Looting, which due to some custom logic will simulate Looting.
- Force Armor (max 1): your Force Punches increases the amount of items an entity drops when it dies. This does not stack more than one level per piece of armor, but can stack cumulatively across all four pieces.
Grinding (1 - Flint - require Thermal Expansion or IC2)
- Force Tool: run any drops through Thermal Expansion’s Pulverizer if applicable, or try to use IC2’s Macerator recipes if not applicable, or it will simply do nothing if neither mod is installed.
- Force Axe: run any drops through Thermal Expansion’s Sawmill.
- Grinding and heat can and will be applied together if applicable. Be aware that both these upgrades use additional durability of the tool, which would cause a Force Pick to break alarmingly fast if used to mine every block of stone the player finds.
Holding (1 - Force Flask)
- Force Pack (one at a time): increase its size by 8 additional slots. May be done consecutively, but the Force Tome must be appropriate Tier.
- Force Rod: allow you to bottle entities. If you have a Force Flask in your inventory and you right-click on an entity up to 16 blocks away, it will expend a charge of the Wand and store the entity in that flask.
- Certain entities are blacklisted of course, namely the Creeper, but right*clicking a Bottled Entity will throw the bottle and release the entity, all data intact, where the bottle lands.
- Mostly this is for relocating animals or villagers, but if this is used for griefing the server admin can completely disable bottling entities in the config file.
- Config setting to allow only bottling of Animals and Villagers.
- Bottled Entities now have the potential to stack, but will refuse to do so if their data is dissimilar.
- Bottled Entities will break out of their bottles when they are dropped into the world, excepting when they are first bottled. Try not to drop them from your inventory or break a chest containing bottled entities unless you want them to escape.
Rainbow (1 - Lapis Lazuli)
- Force Shears: make sheep drop wool of random colors when sheared.
Experience (1 - Bottle 'o Enchanting)
- Book: turn a vanilla book into a Tome of Experience, that can store and restore experience.
- Bottle 'o Enchanting can be obtained by using a Force Rod on Enchanted Books. The number of bottles depends on the level of the enchantment.
- Using a Force Rod on a Tome of Experience creates one Upgrade Core per 50 experiences stored, rounded down.
Tier 3 (XP per single enchant: 25)
Crafting (1 - Crafting table)
- Item card : turn into crafting item card
Bane (1 - Spider eye)
- Force Sword/Bow: imbue Bane, that will curse enemies struck with that weapon.
- Force Armor: imbue Bane, that will curse enemies struck with any attack.
- Bane from different items does NOT stack.
- Bane will permanently remove certain monsters inherent abilities, leaving them quite harmless or even quite cute :
- Creepers hit with the bane effect will forever lose their ability to explode. They will however, still follow you around. Creepy.
- Enderman and Ender Tots hit with the bane effect permanently lose their ability to teleport. Not so tough without your space-bending theatrics, are you?
- Force Rod: Creates a wand of invisibility which gives the player the invisibilty buff
- Force Armor : Makes the armor invisible, showing the players skin instead of the armor pieces
Bleed (3 - Arrow)
- Force Sword/Bow: imbue Bleeding, that will curse enemies struck with that weapon.
- Force Armor: imbue Bleeding, that will curse enemies struck with any attack.
- Bleeding inflicts one half heart of damage twice per second. It lasts one second per cumulated level of Bleeding.
- Bleeding from different items DOES stack, for a maximum of 15 seconds.
Healing (2 - Tear or Ghast tear)
- Force Rod (2): turn the rod into a Rod of Healing I (or II), that will add 5 seconds of Regeneration I (or II) on each use, up to 18 seconds.
Touch (1 - Cobweb)
- Force Pickaxe/Axe/Shovel: imbue Silk Touch.
Tier 4 (XP per single enchant: 25)
Charge (5 - IC2 RE-Batteries - require IC2)
- Force Armor : takes 10,000 EU Charge per item instead of durability
- Does NOT stack with Repair
- Can be recharged in IC2 EU Storage device
Sight (1 - Night Vision Potion, any iteration)
- Force Rod: give a full minute of Night Vision to the player, stacking up to three minutes.
Soul (5 - Soul wafer - require Soul Shards)
- Force Sword: give the Soul Stealer enchant.
Wing (1 - Feather)
- Valid for the Force Sword and Upgrade Cores, the Wing upgrade allows for limited flight.
- A Force Sword with Wing is transformed into a “Wing Sword”, and while held it will allow the user to slow their fall for a short time while holding space.
- While using a Wing Sword or Wearing Wing*enabled Force Armor a “Wing Meter” will show itself on the top-left portion of the screen. You literally cannot miss it. When this meter is depleted you will fall and be unable to slow your fall until it replenishes.
- The Wing Meter will replenish itself at a constant rate when you are not in the air, however there is a short penalty recharge time should the meter completely deplete.
- If the user Holds space and right-clicks with a Wing Sword, they will fling themselves forward a short distance, expending a moderate amount of Wing Power.
- The player may initiate flight with the Wing Sword by holding Shift and Space at the same time and then right-clicking. Without any buffs to the Wing Meter this will last only 8 seconds.
- The entire Wing experience is completely client-side as to avoid death by lag.
- When socketed into Force Armor, each piece with Wing will increase the maximum amount of Wing Power the player has by 100% of the original value. With a full set of Force Armor socketed with Wing, the Wing Meter can be increased to a maximum of 5x the default value.
- If even one piece of upgraded Force Armor is worn, the user may fly at any time using their remaining Wing Power by holding Shift + Space and then Right*Clicking with empty hands to initiate flight. In addition, if the player has initiated Wing flight while wearing at least one piece of Wing socketed Force Armor the player may switch held items without falling.
- The max consecutive flight time for a full set of Wing socketed Force Armor is about 40 seconds.
- The player will be able to automatically walk up 1-block inclines with at least one piece of Wing-socketed gear. Players with Wing-socketed gear will also be able to skate across water using power from the Wing Meter as if they were under the effects of a speed potion.
- Wing on Force Armor allows players to jump higher the longer they hold the spacebar. With 4 pieces of Wing-socketed Force Armor a player will be able to jump up approximately 10 blocks, or higher if that player learns to perform a "Force Bounce", which is a very quick means of getting around.
- Wing Armor will absorb fall damage using charge in the Wing Meter instead of damaging the player or their armor. Manually slowing your fall is more preferable, however.
Tier 5 (XP per single enchant: 50)
Charge2 (5 - IC2 Energy Crystals - require IC2)
- Force Armor: takes 100,000 EU Charge per item instead of durability
- Does NOT stack with Repair
- Can be recharged in IC2 EU Storage device, following IC2 Energy Crystals requirements (tier 2, e.g. MFE or higher)
Ender (1 - Ender Pearl)
- Force Rod: create a Rod of Return, that can be setup to teleport you to a known location on use.
- Force Pack: create an Ender Pack.
- Force Bow: Teleports the target to a random location.
- Force Sword: Creates an Ender Sword. Shift + right click teleports you to target spot.
Tier 6 (XP per single enchant: 50)
Light (5 - Glowstone Dust)
- Force Sword: Gives Smite on a 1-to-1 ratio with a maximum of 5.
Sturdy (3 - Obsidian, Bricks)
- Force Tool: imbue the vanilla enchant Unbreaking on a 1-to-1 ratio. Unbreaking also affects tools that use extra durability to smelt/grind etc.
- Force Armor: reduce damages from all sources by a certain amount. The maximum level of Sturdy on Force Armor will result in a 75% damage reduction from all sources, rounded up to the nearest half*heart. (Swimming in lava, anyone?)
- Force Pack: prevent the entity form of the item from de-spawning and makes it indestructible.
Tier 7 (XP per single enchant: N/A)
Repair (1 - Thaumcraft Shards - require Thaumcraft)
- Repair does not stack.
- Repair will imbue the Repair enchantment from Thaumcraft on Force Tools, Force Armor and Force Rods of any type, allowing for DartCraft tools to recharge using Thaumcraft's aura.
- Force Rods may now also be upgraded with Repair when they are upgraded in the Force Infuser. Other than repair Force Rods may still only have one unique upgrade.
- Force Rods with Repair inside a Force Belt will recharge, but only half as quickly as they would on the hotbar.
Grafting (1 - Forestry grafter)
- Force Axe : act as a Forestry grafter at the cost of significant durability.